As the cold season approaches, this is a good time to prepare your backyard pool to be safer for the next pool season. When nice weather returns, you and the family will want to exercise and have fun in the pool.
The last thing you want to experience is a tragedy in your pool such as the accidental drowning of a child. The Centers for Disease Control has released information that drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death for children ages 1 to 14. This tragedy can happen in less than five minutes.
Here are some features you should consider adding to your pool before pool season returns:
1. Barricade the pool. You can do this with a fence that’s at least 4 feet tall. Make sure the fence is not a fencing that children can easily squeeze between. The fence should have no handholds or footholds as well.
2. Secure the fence with a lock. The best pool gates are self-closing and self-latching because children are well out of reach of access. You should have an audible gate alarm installed to make sure you are warned. The pool should include an alarm that alerts you if anyone jumps or falls in your pool.
3. Have everyone in your home learn how to swim. Even if family members know how to swim, always supervise. When the pool is not in use always have a pool cover on it.
4. Don’t forget to remove all steps and ladders from the pool until back in use.
5. Have an emergency phone available near the pool. This can be used to make calls you would otherwise make in home or if an injury happens in or around the pool.
If you need pool installation and pool maintenance, hire Sunrise Premiere Pool Builders.
Sunrise Premiere Pool Builders LLC installs pools, completes pool renovations, and conducts pool servicing, supplies of automatic cleaners and so much more!