It’s April 22nd, do you know what that means? It’s time to celebrate planet Earth and start taking strides towards being more environmentally conscious and conserving energy and water. In case you aren’t following – it’s Earth Day! Did you know that Earth Day is the largest civic movement in the world? More than one billion each year participate in Earth Day activities and take action towards bettering our planet for future generations. Sunrise Premiere Pool Builders is here to do our part and fill you in on how to conserve water in your swimming pool in the upcoming months.
How Do Swimming Pools Waste Water?
Swimming pools are an incredibly beneficial addition to any property in terms of aesthetic appeal, creative design options, increased home value, and unlimited opportunities for outdoor entertainment and family-friendly swimming. However, swimming pools can waste water through water evaporation, pool leaks, splash outs, and filtered backwashing.
Ways to Conserve Water in Your Swimming Pool
There are several different ways you can enjoy your swimming pool while keeping water conservation in mind. For example, you can have your swimming pool tested for leaks. Keep an eye on your water level to notice leaks, and have them repaired immediately. The following are just a some of the many ways you can conserve water in your swimming pool:
- Keep your pool covered when you aren’t using it to minimize evaporation, especially after dark
- Invest in a liquid solar pool cover for the spring and fall seasons
- Avoid overfilling your pool or leaving running water unattended; it is best to maintain a low water level `1-inch above the bottom of the pool tile
- Avoid pool games that inspire excessive splashing
- Limit chemical use when possible and when you must add them, do so at night so that the sun is not quicken the dissipation of your chlorine
Do You Need Pool Services? Contact Sunrise Premiere Pool Builders Today
If you have any questions about your pool or want to schedule a site visit to get your pool project on the move, contact the professionals at Sunrise Premiere Pool Builders LLC by calling 410-349-3852 or clicking here today!
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn to keep up on our latest spas, custom pools, maintenance accessories and stay knowledgeable of the latest trends in the custom pool and spa industry. We are here to help you live in luxury at a price you can afford.